All That Is Bitter & Sweet, A Memoir by Ashley Judd with Maryanne Vollers. Ashley Judd describes herself as “a Sicilian-hillbilly rabble-rousing actor-activist.” Ashley was an abused and neglected child while her mother, Naomi Judd, and half-sister, Wynonna Judd, spent their time rehearsing to become stars of country music. Ashley entered treatment in a clinic in Buffalo Gap, Texas, and since that time has divided her time between the movies and travelling the third world as an AIDS activist and spokesperson against the sex trade in poor women and children.
In May, 2010, Ashley graduated from the JFK School of Government at Harvard University. Her course of study was in the Women and Public Policy Program in which she achieved almost straight A grades. She is expected to declare her candidacy for Mitch McConnell‘s Senate seat in May, 2013. McConnell is an experienced politician and a wily campaigner. It will be a tough fight, but I believe that Ashley Judd can and will be the winner in November, 2014. McConnell is already running scared with TV ads against Judd although she has not yet entered the race. The US Senate will be a better place with Ashley Judd as a member. Good luck, Ashley.
- Trump: Ashley Judd ‘a great candidate’ – (jfxgillis.newsvine.com)
- How Ashley Judd Can Win (politicalwire.com)
- From the Big Screen to Politics, Ashley Judd May Run for US Senate [VIDEO] (oldschool1053.com)
- Michelle Obama Entertains Senate Hopeful Ashley Judd, Now Playing the First Lady in a New Movie (showbiz411.com)
- Ashley Judd, the Crazy Shrieking Woman Who Knocks over Your Garbage Cans at Night (breitbart.com)