Wherever and whenever there is economic distress, you can expect fascism to rear its ugly head. The Great Depression led to the rise of fascism is Spain, Italy and Germany and led ultimately to WW2. The prolonged economic distress of the Great Recession has led to the rebirth of fascism in Greece. By prolonging the Great Recession to defeat President Obama and regain power, the GOP are contributing to the rise of fascism in Greece. The GOP state that we are in danger of following Greece into economic disaster, and they are doing everything in their power to make it happen.
The GOP are peddling austerity as a means to promote job creating confidence in the business community. They believe that Germany and Europe are on the right track and want the US to join them. All the austerity-produced confidence in the world will not produce any jobs if you and I lack the income (purchasing power) to buy what business is selling. Confidence and $5 will buy a burger and fries; confidence alone will buy nothing.
- Austerity crushes UK economy more than previously thought (americablog.com)
- Long live austerity (bell-book-candle.com)
- Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy? | Michael Cohen (guardian.co.uk)
- BOTT report May, 2012 (bell-book-candle.com)
The GOP claims that the war on women is a phony war. Just like the phony war in the early days of WW2, before Germany rolled around the Maginot Line and steamrolled France and Belgium in a few weeks. Will the GOP war on women be a real phony war or will the GOP try to emulate Germany if they win in November? Please stay tuned.
- False Flag Terrorism Down in Georgia in the Phony War on Woman? (lonestarwatchdog.blogspot.com)
- Conservative Women Pushing Back on Phony Dem “War on Women” Narrative and Winning (Videos) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- The Phony War: Obama and Romney Are Debating Character, Not Policy (swampland.time.com)
Drilling for natural gas by means of hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, is a process now banned in France and Germany. If we allow our desire for cheap energy and oil company profits to overrule our concerns for the environment, the price we will pay will be increased illness and death from the chemicals being injected into the ground plus a scarcity of pure drinking water. Humanity can survive without cheap energy, but we can live for only a few hours without drinking water.
- Is fracking flopping on foreign finances? (fuelfix.com)
- Germany Rejects Fracking (commondreams.org)
- Fracking on U.S. land needs OK (politico.com)
- Ban Fracking and Fracking Wastewater in New Jersey by Clean Water Action (socialactions.net)
In french, vive l’austérité . The French and the Greeks rejected continued austerity in sunday’s elections. Francois Hollande will replace Nicolas Sarkozy as President of France. We don’t know yet who will govern in Greece. Even in Germany, the hotbed of austerity in Europe, austerity was defeated in a local election.
Here in the US, the supporters of austerity are Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. We don’t want to adopt the failed policy of austerity for four more years. The GOP-slowed recovery from the Great Recession during the past 3.5 years has been bad enough without making the situation worse by electing Mitt.
- Austerity is a dirty word in Europe but what next? (sacbee.com)
- Vive Hollande! M. Normal wins the day (leftfootforward.org)
- France’s Hollande focusing on growth, not austerity (radionz.co.nz)