Living in the US during the Trump reign is like living in a circus in an insane asylum where Trump and his media supporters are the clowns and the insane inmates and they are running the asylum. The population of the US is only 5% of the world’s population. The rest of the world, 95% of the world’s population, did not change on the day we elected Trump. Believe it or not, the rest of the world continues the normal that existed before election day.
Trump listened to Ivanka rather than his security advisers and watches FOX rather than the real news. We can expect him to make similar mistakes in the future if we allow him to remain in office. Please see this fine article by Seymour Hersh.
Sergey Kislyak, Russian ambassador to the US, is being recalled. Is Putin afraid that Kislyak may spill the beans on what he knows about Russian interference in the US election? If that is the case, Kislyak would be wise to seek asylum somewhere safe from both the KGB and the CIA, perhaps the moon.
The US bombed both Hiroshima and Nagasaki because two types of bombs were involved and some in the military and government wanted a live test on human beings to see what, if any, difference the two bomb types produced. Neither bombing was necessary because Japan was ready and willing to surrender. Nor is the war in Afghanistan necessary because al-Qaeda is the enemy and the Taliban government of Afghanistan was willing to surrender bin Laden to a third country.
Trump launched 60 missiles against Syria only to prove his toughness. The damage done was minor and the airbase was functional within 24 hours. The use of the MOAB bomb in Afghanistan recently was probably unnecessary too. I strongly suspect that, like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, some in the military and government wanted to test it on human beings. It has not been used since in what are probably many similar situations.