I am a liberal Republican, perhaps the last; I am not a Democrat. My ideas will find no support among the current GOP membership and I am more liberal than many Democrats. However, FDR saved the Republican Party and capitalism in the 1930s and it is now necessary to save capitalism again from its excesses and from the current wrecking crew in Washington, DC.
- I favor universal single-payer healthcare.
- I favor increasing Social Security benefits by 10% annually for the next 5 years.
- I favor a guaranteed annual minimum income for all US adults.
- I favor taxing capital gains at a higher rate than earned income.
- I favor an estate tax of 90% after all beneficiaries receive $5 million in benefits.
- I favor a wealth tax of 0.5% annually on all wealth above $100,000.
- I favor increasing the Federal graduated income tax to a top rate of 70%+.
- I favor a Robin Hood tax on all financial transactions on Wall Street.
- And finally, I favor taxing all wealth hidden in offshore accounts by criminals and some of the 1%.
Except for hard assets such as gold, silver and diamonds, all the world’s wealth and who owns it is recorded in one of three repositories. If the governments of the world acted together, they could force those repositories to divulge their secrets, and tax avoidance could be ended. I believe that everything I support could be funded if we increase taxes modestly and tax the wealth that currently is untaxed.
Trump must go