Molehills into mountains and fiscal molehills into fiscal mountains. The GOP and much of the media are trying to turn a fiscal molehill into a fiscal mountain on which there is a fiscal cliff. The media are doing it through ignorance and a desire for ratings. The GOP are doing it because they lost the election and failed in their stated goal of making Barack Obama a one-term president. They, the GOP, see the fiscal cliff and the debt ceiling fight to follow as a way of delivering a one-two punch to the President’s second term, thereby weakening him and preventing the implementation of the voters’ preferred agenda. The results of a democratic election are only binding on the GOP when they are the victors.
- The Fiscal Cliff: Mountain Or Molehill? (minx.cc)
- Time for Congressional Republicans To Expose Obama’s Agenda (conservativeread.com)
- Pres. Obama’s approvals spike to highest level since Osama bin Laden’s death (cadesertvoice.com)
- Kathleen Parker: Obama is driving U.S. toward ‘fiscal cliff’ (sacbee.com)
- A Great Day for Socialism Would be Elimination of the Debt Ceiling (independentsentinel.com)