On the day Barack Obama was inaugurated, January 20, 2009, leaders of the GOP met in secret to declare war on the President and since he represents all Americans, on all of us. They are waging an economic war of obstruction to prolong the Great Recession and to force a weary electorate to elect a Republican president in 2012. According to the GOP, only a Republican is a legitimate occupant of the White House.
The artificial prolongation of the Great Recession by the GOP has caused suffering by millions in the US and around the world. It is also causing the early deaths of thousands who lack the income to purchase adequate food, shelter and medical care. Some on the Left are labelling the GOP class warfare as treason. I would not go so far as to agree with that assessment. I do believe that the authors of the GOP strategy deserve to serve time in prison. If Mitt loses in November and if the GOP continue their class warfare, then I would be open to reconsidering my decision on whether or not their acts meet the definition of treason.
On a personal note, when I see a GOP spokesperson on TV telling lies about the President and Democrats in general, his/her smug, self-satisfied demeanor causes my blood pressure to spike. This is not good for my health.
- Hillary and Barack: Two Peas in a Class-Warfare Pod (conservativeread.com)
- Andrea Mitchell And John Sununu Battle Over Romney’s 47% Comments, Obama’s Class Warfare (mediaite.com)
- Editorial, 10/14: Obama best for middle class (journalstar.com)
- Why Goldman Sachs Is All in For Romney: The Enemy of My Enemy Is My President (alternet.org)
- Class warfare rules – Boston Herald (bostonherald.com)