To preserve American democracy and rescue it from destruction by the super-rich, three steps are essential:
- The Citizens United decision by the US Supreme Court must be reversed, made null and void. There is already too much money in politics and Citizens United will increase it by a factor of 10-100.
- Congressional districts for the US House of Representatives must be redrawn to be as competitive as possible. When either or both parties have safe seats, voters wonder why vote and Representatives lose all incentive to represent their constituents honestly and truly.
- Large media conglomerates must be broken into smaller pieces so that they will compete to bring us real news, not pabulum designed for high ratings and higher ad revenue. Voters can’t make rational decisions if we lack relevant information. I am talking here about good, investigative reporting. I am not asking for more debates between a conservative and a liberal on TV that is supposedly fair and balanced by presenting two different viewpoints. Those arguments/shouting matches do not serve the public interest.
Please see Fools and tools part 2 | Freedom of the press | 3 scenarios for 2012 | Gerrymander
- Mitt Romney and the Tea Party Pundit (minx.cc)
- Citizens United – How America Became Third World – by Gordon Duff – PLUS Unseen HBO investigative report on America’s rigged elections (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Repeal Citizens United in CA! (occupyourpositivefuture.wordpress.com)
- “We The People,” Not “We The Rich”: The Citizens United Catastrophe (mykeystrokes.com)