In Santa Barbara, the California coastline runs nearly East-West rather than North-South. In the picture above, the sun rises in the upper right near the shore and sets off the picture in the lower right in the Pacific Ocean. When I was an x-ray tech at Cottage Hospital, I sometimes worked shifts that started at 6am or 7am and my duties included x-raying patients in their beds first thing in the morning. I always started on the top floor, the 6th, because it gave the best view of the morning sunrise. I enjoyed my work and a Santa Barbara sunrise was an excellent way to add a bit more pleasure to the job. The picture below is a sunset taken from my present home in Saint George, Utah. I like to say that I moved from one saint to another, Santa Barbara to Saint George.
Please see Rain | The clouds of Saint George
- Sundowner winds prompt red flag fire warning in Santa Barbara (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Sunrise and Sunset (nanlevin.wordpress.com)
- Prominent Santa Barbara Real Estate Agent Stan Tabler Launches Dynamic New Website (prweb.com)
- Another sunny day in Santa Barbara – Santa Barbara, CA (travelpod.com)
- Beautiful Santa Barbara – Santa Barbara, CA (travelpod.com)
- Santa Barbara Author Patricia Selbert’s Novel, The House of Six Doors, Premieres February 22 (prweb.com)