Socialism is a term used by many today to express their opposition to many different proposals. The favorite term used to be communism but you don’t hear that used as much today since the USSR dissolved. Socialism is a word used as though democracy and freedom are opposites. That is not true. Most countries still practicing socialism successfully are democracies with all the freedoms we have, but with a higher level of taxes. Who opposes higher taxes? Those who will have to pay them and those who are fooled into thinking that they will have to pay them.
Let’s do away with taxes and government. We want freedom and free market capitalism which are not the same thing. Let’s do away with Social Security, Medicare, unemployment benefits and disaster relief. Make our highways into toll roads. Extend the workday to 12-14 hours each, six days per week. Take children out of our failing schools and let their start earning a living in factories here in the US instead of sending those jobs to South America, Africa or Asia to employ children there. Our children can work just as well as their children. Now that is freedom.
- Perry right about Social Security Ponzi scheme (dakotavoice.com)
- Reporting Social Security Fraud (ask.metafilter.com)
- Social security is insurance you pay for (thehill.com)
- GOP Riff Over Social Security Heating Up (aarp.org)
- Obama’s Debt Commissioner Alan Simpson calls US Seniors “Greediest Generation” (caconsumerlawyers.wordpress.com)
- What Will You Get from Social Security? (getrichslowly.org)
- The Truth About Social Security (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Social Security – Living With or Without It (moneygal2020.wordpress.com)