Only the Super-Rich Can Save Us! by Ralph Nader, 733 pages is a fast reading fable about what is wrong in the US and how with leadership and donations from billionaires we can right the wrongs. Nader gives names to the good guys and slightly disguised names to the bad guys. I found the inside details on the working of Wal-Mart and Congress the most interesting parts of the book. Whether you like Ralph Nader or not, he has done a lot of good for the country. In this book, he reveals knowledge that he has accumulated over a lifetime fighting for the average citizen.
Some critics of Barack want the US to be the tough kid on the block in defense matters. This is Nader’s response: “Asserting moral courage is being tough. Waging peace is tough. Standing up to arrogant power is being tough. And until we have the deeply just society our people deserve, doing the right thing even it costs us in the short run is being tough.”
Nader also relates Lincoln’s style on campaigning before there was mass media in 1840. Lincoln advocated dividing the voters into three categories: those who are with you from the get-go, those who are susceptible to persuasion, and those who are against you from the get-go. Then he guided his followers through the step-by-step process– or more accurately the doorstep-by-doorstep process–of meeting with every voter except the opposition hardliners. Worked for Lincoln. Let’s give it a go in 2012.
He also quoted Judge Learned Hand, “If we are to keep our democracy, there must be one commandment: Thou shall not ration justice.” Nader contends…” that it is democracy, justice, and the rule of law that make capitalism produce a better material life for more people, not capitalism in itself.’
I am giving my copy of this book to my son. I have purchased one additional copy of the book which I will send free of charge to the first person who responds to this message. I wish that I could give away more. Please send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Nader book” in the subject line. I will send a book to you.
Please see One World, Ready or Not
- All empires eventually eat away at their own and devour themselves by Ralph Nader (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Warren Buffett, The Super-Rich, and Ralph Nader (wilderside.wordpress.com)
- Dark Horizon for Verizon by Ralph Nader (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Nader, Ted Turner and Peter Lewis: Only the Super-Rich Can Save Us! (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Nader, Ted Turner and Peter Lewis: Billionaires Against Bull, Going from Charity to Justice (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Democracy Now_ Ralph Nader Solution to Debt Crisis End Corporate Welfare and Corporate Tax Loopholes (euzicasa.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Laborious Labor Day By Ralph Nader (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Nader: Tar Sands Pipeline Would Usher in “Corporate Dictatorship” (treehugger.com)
- Ralph Nader ready to run a whole slate of far-left candidates against Obama or something (hotair.com)