I have listened to Ron Paul speak and I have read his book, The Revolution. Some of what he says makes a lot of sense and some does not. I do not think that he will be the Republican nominee for president in 2012, but I respect his courage in speaking his mind, no matter who are his critics or how influential they are.
If he is not the GOP nominee, I would encourage Paul to run as a third party candidate. In fact, if the TEA Party captures the GOP nomination, I would encourage a responsible conservative to run in addition to Ron Paul and the official GOP candidate. That would make it a 4-candidate race, and Lincoln won his first term in 1860 in a 4-party race. Barack’s current approval rating is about 30%, but I expect it to improve as we approach November, 2012. However, he could win at 30% in a 4-candidate race and the official GOP candidate could easily finish last.
- Why Ron Paul is good for America (thehill.com)
- Why the Media Is Ignoring Ron Paul (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Jon Stewart Asks: What About Ron Paul?!? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Ron Paul: Federal Reserve, Taxes, Gold (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Ron Paul Raises $1.8 Million In 24 Hour “Birthday” Fund Raiser (zerohedge.com)
- Ron Paul Wins New Hampshire Young Republicans Straw Poll (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ron Paul is “The One” (order-order.com)
- Ron Paul: “They’re Setting The Stage For Violence In This Country” / Ron Paul Addresses Plans For ‘Civil Unrest’ Detention Camps… (via ~ BLOGGER.GUNNY.G.1984+ ~ (BLOG & EMAIL)) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)