Islamofascism is name calling elevated to a compounded height where one name is not enough and is replaced by the linking of two pejoratives. Why Islamofascism and not Islamosocialism or Islamomarxism or Islamocommunism? Islam is a religion and fascism is an economic system where the government is owned by business corporations. That is in contrast to socialism where some businesses are owned by the government and communism where all the businesses are owned by the government. The term Islamofascism, it seems to me, is overkill when labeling individuals and groups as terrorists. Why use the term “Islamofascists” when few people know what it means or is supposed to mean? The purpose of words is communication, and communication is made harder or impossible when words aren’t understood.
- Why Do They Hate Atheists? (atheistrev.com)
- FAIR on the rush to pin the Oslo bombing on Muslims (akramsrazor.typepad.com)
- Leftwingnut Supporters of Islamofascism Attack Terry Jones in Dearborn at ‘Arab Festival’ (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Rebellion Against Pluralism (3quarksdaily.com)
- Questions About Iraq’s Security (sfcmac.wordpress.com)