Thomas Jefferson, author of the Declaration of Independence, is in danger of being omitted from history text books in Texas because he is suspected of not being a Christian. I can see a future headline in a Texas newspaper, “Jefferson stripped of Founding Father status.” This is important because publishers of history text books prefer to print as few versions of their texts as possible to save money. What happens in Texas does not stay in Texas.
- Thomas Jefferson’s Iftar Dinner (timesunion.com)
- Quote from Thomas Jefferson (porterdeal.wordpress.com)
- What were some of Thomas Jefferson’s reforms as President (wiki.answers.com)
- First Inaugural Address of Thomas Jefferson, March 4, 1801 (greenmountainscribes.wordpress.com)
- “We Need Congress to Look at What Thomas Jefferson Said” (atcservices.wordpress.com)