Fast and ferocious is not another phony Obama administration scandal like Solyndra, Fast and Furious, Benghazi or the IRS targeting TEA Party groups. Fast and ferocious is how I describe GOP, FOX and their allies speed and venom in making up new allegations to divert the public and the media from real scandals such as the recent GOP-sponsored government shutdown and the continuing GOP obstruction. It is much easier and less time-consuming to make up false charges than it is to refute them. Obstructionists on the Right accept neither science nor logic in the refutation of their claims. Their false charges live on in the blogosphere, on talk radio and on FOX. For an example, please see the second related article below.
As I write, Bill O’Reilly is blaming President Obama for our lackluster recovery from the Great Recession. Seven out of eight jobs created during the Obama administration have been part-time jobs with no benefits. No mention is made about the GOP in Congress’s opposition to all of President Obama’s proposals to create jobs. John Boehner’s idea of job creation is to vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) 40 times. Tonight’s O’Reilly rant is laced with statistics. Someone should let him know that statistics are the last refuge of scoundrels. On second thought, I will tell him myself, by email.
- President Obama could have been born on Saturn and still be president (henrywlewisiii.wordpress.com)
- Republicans weigh using debt limit as leverage on Obamacare (reuters.com)
- Job Creation in the U.S. Hits 29-Year Low at Peak of Great Recession, According to New Census Bureau Data (kauffman.org)
This is a partial list of what the GOP want to abolish:
- The Obama administration
- Voting rights for the poor
- Undocumented aliens
- The post office
- Women’s rights to choose
- Social Security
- Obamacare (Affordable Care Act)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
- Dodd, Frank law
- Gays and lesbians
- Planned Parenthood
- Food stamps
- Public schools
This is a short list of what the GOP support:
- Department of Defense
- Tax breaks for the rich
- Second amendment
- Foetal personhood
- Obama Scandals Bring MSNBC To 7-Year Ratings Low (patdollard.com)
- Enemies List: Founder of “True The Vote” Harrassed by IRS, OSHA, FBI, and ATF (minx.cc)
- Obama Administration abuse of power goes beyond the IRS (humanevents.com)
- Did IRS boss tell a whopper under oath? (conservativebyte.com)
Issa is a Republican
His reputation white as snow
And everything that Darrell says
The media swallow whole.
Truth lies dead upon the floor
The media do not care
They do not keep score of that
All that really matters are ratings.
Controversy draws larger audiences
Suckers born every minute
Facts don’t matter, opinion rules the day
Issa is a draw, a ratings plus
That is all that matters
In a democracy in decline.
- Holder to Issa: Your conduct is shameful (utsandiego.com)
Sequester cuts are starting to be felt around the country and the GOP are trying to blame the Obama administration for the pain, beginning with White House tours and continuing today with airport delays. It is very hard for the average person to determine how and where the cuts are applied in the budgeting process, but that is one reason we have media who have the time and expertise? to dig into the details. They exist to inform, except on FOX.
This morning, I listened to a commentator say that the 2% sequester translate into a 10% cut in salary and hours for some airport and TSA personnel over the next 5 months. That will lead to some flying delays for the general public, but not for the 1% and Congress who usually fly on private jets. I saw one comment recently by an anonymous 1%-er, “Only losers fly commercial.” With that attitude common? among our leaders, we the 99% cannot expect any relief from sequestration cuts.
- Sequester Cuts Begin, On List: White House Tours and Army Tuition, Off List: Obama Vacations (visiontoamerica.com)
- Obama increases UN funding despite sequester (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)