The GOP have taken Spock‘s greeting and reversed it. In the US, rather than living long and prosper, one must prosper before one has a chance of living long. The US has the world’s best healthcare, IF you can afford it. Already 15 Republican state governor have indicated that they will refuse to extend Medicaid to eligible poor in their states under the Affordable Care Act. What that says to me is that you can live longer only if you can afford the tariff. If not, sorry Charlie, you are not worth keeping around. Talk about death panels; they are built into the system and function automatically. No human intervention or judgment is required. The invisible hand of the market also possesses an executioner’s sword.
- Live Long and Prosper (moneymanager.com)
- Live Long and Prosper:What A Blessing! (presentufaultless.wordpress.com)
- We All Do Better When We All Do Better (washingtonpolicywatch.org)
- A Depressed Fox News Revives Sarah Palin’s Pathetic Death Panel Lies (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- On Medicaid, Republicans Explore New Moral Depths (prospect.org)