Right wing bloggers are now calling themselves citizen journalists to distinguish themselves from real journalists who are employed by the mainstream media which they loath because they claim it is not fair and balanced like FOX. I will admit that right wing bloggers are citizens, but they are not journalists. True journalists try to be fair and balanced and report the news accurately. Too many of the citizen journalists specialize in lies and hate against the Obama administration. They insult the President and Michelle as well as repeating each other’s misinformation over and over again. There is very little original thought and reporting on the Right.
- O’Keefe: Anybody can be a journalist (politico.com)
- Baton vs camera: Police open hunt for citizen journalists (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- #JustABlogger: Citizens continue to teach Juan Williams a lesson (twitchy.com)
- Freelance journalists: Don’t give in to the temptation to give up (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Associated Press: Purveyors of Journalistic Malpractice (disruptthenarrative.com)