Critics of Obamacare are usually critical of healthcare in other nations, particularly Canada and the UK(England). They praise US healthcare as the best in the world, but we spend much more of GNP to produce the “best”. My question to those critics is, if our healthcare is so good, why do we live shorter lives?
Here are some sample life expectancies, by world ranking:
1. Japan men 78 years women 86.1 years
11.Canada men 78.3 women 82.9
20.UK men 77.2 women 81.6
36. US men 75.6 women 80.8
It should not be necessary for men in the US to undergo a gender change in order to live as long as men in Canada, the UK or Japan, nor should US women face an average of 5.2 years of widowhood..
- 5 Countries with the Lowest Life Expectancy (5facts.org)
- America & Europe: The Life Expectancy Gap (bodandbeyond.com)
- Suspicious life expectancy figures (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Life expectancy rises in Europe (confused.com)
- Life expectancy declines in certain parts of the U.S. (wisewomeninvestor.wordpress.com)
- Men’s life expectancy rises, but women’s falls (search.japantimes.co.jp)
- Who lives longest? CIA’s top 20 nations for life expectancy (cbsnews.com)
- Contrary to earlier findings, excess body fat in elderly decreases life expectancy (eurekalert.org)